Friday, February 1, 2008

Harry's Story

Benny,

Sharing your memories reminds me of our activites.

Our moadon was on a main street, in the heart of Toronto Jewish area. We set up a table outside with a sign & as people walked by donations started pouring in. A Betaria came running in & showed us a check she had just received for $5,000.

I went out to thank the lady & I remember her exact words-
" I was planning to give this money to the U J A, but with your enthusiastic young people, here it is."

Harry Wolle

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill Cosby put $2 in the shoebox I was using to collect money while standing outside 'Ripley's Believe It or Not' in Times Square in Manhattan.
$4,998 off, but not a bad story.

شركة عزل said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
شركة عزل said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
شركة عزل said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.