Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Steve Adler's Photos

A great big thank you goes to Steve Adler who sent us these photos taken at the grave of Rosh Betar Ze'ev Jabotinsky in 1960. The two Betarim are Steve Adler and Benny Rosen. You"ll have to figure out who is who.




Steve also sent the Betar patch which I took the liberty of using as part of our banner. Steve has it labelled as the 'old' semel. I guess I wasn't paying attention when they changed it. It is the semel I wore (although I had one that had the colors reversed - white menora and dark blue map - don't ask) and will remain in my mind the symbol of Betar.



Since Pesach is coming up, how about sorting through those old photos and sharing them with the rest of us? And while you're at it - write a few lines about your experiences in Betar!


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Batya said...

Risa, you're the greatest!!

YMedad said...

Okay, so who goofed it up and reversed the colors? P.S. It's "old" because the map of Shtei Gadot LaYarden doesn't appear anymore. And I liked the Australian semel for they had a kangaroo over their map.

Anonymous said...

I only know that we had a whole pile of them in the office. Rumor has it that they came from a Spanish speaking place even further south than Philadelphia. I wouldn't know anything else about it.

شركة عزل said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
شركة عزل said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
شركة عزل said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.