Sunday, July 12, 2009

Steve Adler: Demonstration Against the Shipment of American Tanks to Saudi Arabia

The picture below is a part of a news clipping (Mordechai ben Emek is Morty Dolinsky z"l) of a demonstration against the shipment of American Tanks to Saudi Arabia. I think in the winter of 1957.
I am on the right of the picture. The guy standing behind me, Zvi Abusch, a Bnei Akiva madrich and I organized a walk-out of over 200 kids from Manhattan Talmudical Academy to participate in the demonstration. I think it was the first and only time that there was cooperation in a demonstration between both movements.The school administration wanted to throw us out of school but through the intervention of Rabbi Louis Bernstein, one of the teachers who latter became the president of the US Mizrachi, we were suspended for only 3 days.


Steve Adler


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember Morty Dolinsky, ZT"L. He also was helped Rabbi Meir Kahane, ZTK"L found the Jewish Defense League.