Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The First Step

Anyone remember The First Step?

Naomi Franklin?

I found this, that's Sybil [Kaufman] Kaplan on the right:



UPDATE

June 2020 from 

Sybil Kaplan

Thu, Jun 4, 7:30 PM (3 days ago)
In the spring of 1964 a few widespread parties interested in the Black Jewish community got together to help unite the splintered (amorphous) group. They were Leonard Ben Ami, Rabbi Irving Bloch [from the Brotherhood Synagogue], Joel Brooks [from the Student Zionist Organization], Martin Warmbrand,  and Yaakov Gladstone. They formed in this effort with Dr Joseph Ben Yochanan, Hailu Paris (z”l), Chaim Bibbins (z”l), Esther Bibbins (z”l), Prince Leasi, Tsfari McKenson, Izliah (James) Benjamin, Cantor Brooks, Rev. Woods, Ellie Bivens.

^

3 comments:

YMedad said...

From Sybil: I am in touch with Naomi's uncle and forgot where she is or what she is doing.
In the photo with me is Herman Horton who became blind; and Leah Poinsett who refused to contact me before I came to Israel when I was revising my book. I am in regular touch with one of Esther Bibbins daughters in California who is niece to the uncle I also write to, Mordecai Joseph.

Shachna Waxman said...

I think Naomi lives in the Baltimore/Wash DC area and lectures

Shachna Waxman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.