Sunday, April 15, 2018

Chuck Hornstein at Amatzia

Received from Rena Genn:

"Shalom!

This morning I received a beautiful present from Ellen Zwick via Ben Rappaport of this picture of Chuck (Chaim) working with Aliza in the Rappaport family garden in Amatzia.




A present because as we approach Yom HaZikaron it allows us a glimpse of Chuck the young man.  Ben says that he is not certain that he is the photographer, but considering the hundreds of photographers who came to Amatzia in the late 60's early 70's. I think that he can take credit.

How wonderful that we are around to celebrate the 70th birthday of the Jewish State.  The connection between the lost Chuck, Eli and many others is obvious to us all.

Wishing you all a Chag Sameach"

^

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shalom! If you can contact Ben Rappaport please ask him to contact me and put me in touch with his son Yair. I was a volunteer at the Amatzia archeological site in the mid 80s. Toda!

Unknown said...

My email is claudespiese@gmail.com