Sunday, August 24, 2008

Enjoying the Music of Betar

As requested today by Winkie & Batya,

I have attached two photos from the mid-to-late 1960s at Camp Betar.

The top one shows Naomi Atzmoni (on the left) and Emily Shertz in the dining hall at night; they are listening to a tape recording of Betar songs played by Shimshon Feder on his accordion. I am not sure that I spelled Emily's last name correctly.

The lower photo shows Naomi, with a smiling Yitzchak Aptowitzer standing in the background.

I have many more summer and winter camp photos, that I will slowly find and post as I have time. Many are in albums at my office and at home. Many others are in more than one location, in unmarked boxes with lots of other files --and not readily accessible. So, it may be awhile before I can find them all and post them.

Best Regards,
Bruce Barak Koffler


No comments: